Leukemia & Lymphoma Community
Need Your Input - Upcoming Health Pages

This patient support community is for discussions relating to all leukemia and lymphoma issues, Chronic Myelogenous Leukemia (CML), ALL, AML, CLL, SLL, anemia, biopsy, bone pain, chemotherapy, Hodgkins Lymphoma, monoclonal antibody therapy, Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma, stem cell transplant , swelling, vaccine therapy, weakness, and weight loss.

Need Your Input - Upcoming Health Pages

Hello all! I'm the new Community Leader, and am in the process of creating more Health Pages for our community!

A few ideas I have are:
"Understanding Leukemia" - This will include the different sub-types
"Understanding Lymphoma" - and will include info on Hodgkins and Non-Hodgkins

I'm considering including in each the different ways used to diagnose these conditions since they are different, as well as different treatment options available for each.

If any of you have comments, ideas or suggestions on content for these or other issues pertaining to the community, I'd be happy to hear them.

I look forward to getting to know you all and making this a helpful, caring and supportive community!
Dnmh
bump
I do not know exactly what type of information you want, but I have Leukemia.  There are different types.  I have Chronic Myelogenous Leukemia which is usally referred to as CML.  I was diagnosed in 1998, and after treatment that became toxic to my liver I had to wait until I could get into a clinical trial for a new drug.  I am now a 10 year survivor and in remission for over 7 years.
Leukemia is not a death sentence anymore.  So many new treatments as well as knowledge of what is causing it has helped researchers to find ways to stop it, and hopefully to cure it in my lifetime.
Hope this information has helped you.
Thanks for the offer. Can you take a look at my Understanding Leukemia and let me know if I need anything more? Here's the link: http://www.medhelp.org/health_pages/Cancer/Understanding-Leukemia/show/627?cid=90

My mom has CLL, and I'm still learning about it. She choses to know only what she needs at the moment, and nothing more, so she's not very helpful with info. I really want to get this community active because I really believe a support group helps. Any suggestions you may have, I'm open.

Thanks again!