Leukemia & Lymphoma Community
Neutropenia
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to all leukemia and lymphoma issues, Chronic Myelogenous Leukemia (CML), ALL, AML, CLL, SLL, anemia, biopsy, bone pain, chemotherapy, Hodgkins Lymphoma, monoclonal antibody therapy, Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma, stem cell transplant , swelling, vaccine therapy, weakness, and weight loss.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Neutropenia

i would like to confirm that different between cyclic neutropenia and cogenital neutropenia?
my baby just 1 yrs old she have the low neutrophil count sin she was seven month wehn she admit and do the blood test. she have right cervival lymphadenitis which into an abscess requiring I&D on October and November.
907672_tn?1381029323
I have never heard of these diseases, but after doing some research, this is what I found out:

Cyclic is more rare than congenital (aka chronic) neutropenia.  Cyclic occurs in cycles, or about every 21 days when the neutrophils are at their lowest.  This drop in neutrophils causes the body to be susceptible to things like mouth sores, fevers and bacterial infections.  Congenital neutropenia doesn't run in cycles as the neutrophils tend to be low on a continuous basis.  People with Congenital are more at risk of severe bacterial infections than in cyclic neutropenia.  Cyclic tends to respond well to treatment with granulocyte colony-stimulating factor.  Congenital is also treated with the same growth factor, but there is a 10-30% chance of it evolving into acute myeloid leukemia.  

I hope this helps.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Leukemia & Lymphoma Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank