Leukemia & Lymphoma Community
Part 2-High Range MDS or Drug Induced Disease?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to all leukemia and lymphoma issues, Chronic Myelogenous Leukemia (CML), ALL, AML, CLL, SLL, anemia, biopsy, bone pain, chemotherapy, Hodgkins Lymphoma, monoclonal antibody therapy, Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma, stem cell transplant , swelling, vaccine therapy, weakness, and weight loss.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Part 2-High Range MDS or Drug Induced Disease?

. My back continued to hurt, so I looked for any adverse effects of taking Oxycodone on the packaging of the Lexapro and did not see anything, so thought it was ok to take. Ten pills later, my ankles swelled and turned black and blue, got very very sick, itching, felt like an allergic reaction, etc., so stopped those pills. Went to a Hematologist and they diagnosed me with Myelodysplastic Syndrome anemia with excessive blast 2 progressing at a high rate into AML. My blast are 11%. I start experimental chemotherapy combination next Wednesday with the hope of remission. After that,  a stem cell transplant. I can only think the previous drugs did this, but can’t prove anything. Can the Lexapro SSRI and Oxycodone or Serotonin Syndrome cause bone marrow toxicity/suppression that will produce abnormal cells with red, white, and platelets low, that may mimic MDS? Cells in all 3 are deformed. If it is Serotonin Syndrome, will the Chemotherapy affect me badly? How can they test or treat this toxicity? Can you point me in the right direction if it has anything to do with this so I can convince my doctors or refer me to someone that may be able to help me? Thank you, please contact me as some as possible.