Leukemia & Lymphoma Community
Petechiae

This patient support community is for discussions relating to all leukemia and lymphoma issues, Chronic Myelogenous Leukemia (CML), ALL, AML, CLL, SLL, anemia, biopsy, bone pain, chemotherapy, Hodgkins Lymphoma, monoclonal antibody therapy, Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma, stem cell transplant , swelling, vaccine therapy, weakness, and weight loss.

Petechiae

I am a 28 year old male in what I would consider good health.  Only thing I have is vitiligo.  About 2 months ago, I thought I saw petechiae on my arm but I am paranoid and was wrong but of course I inspected other areas of my body and I have tiny red dots on my feet.  I believe they are petechiae (havent gone to a derma yet for fear of him wanting blood work done etc and having to live with the anxiety).  I am worried that it is an early sign of leukemia or something.  I had petechiae on my legs and a little on my elbows about four years ago and at that time, I had al blood work and it was fine and the derma said it was no big deal and they would go away and they did.  Now, the ones on my feet have be scared.  I wear two socks with my work shoes as they are a little too big and walk very fast (I live in NYC) and i do often sit on my feet at work on my chair.  I am not sure if this could cause petechiae.  I have read the other symptoms of leukemia and I do not have any of them, no fever, night sweats, loss of hunger or weight.  Does the petechiae sound alarming? It hasnt gotten worse and if you just look at my feet, you can not really see anything, only when u look close up and when I look in natural sun light, they appear more brown than anything.  They are super tiny, like the size of a dot a very sharply sharpened pen would make.  Thanks for your help!"