Leukemia & Lymphoma Community
Please help

This patient support community is for discussions relating to all leukemia and lymphoma issues, Chronic Myelogenous Leukemia (CML), ALL, AML, CLL, SLL, anemia, biopsy, bone pain, chemotherapy, Hodgkins Lymphoma, monoclonal antibody therapy, Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma, stem cell transplant , swelling, vaccine therapy, weakness, and weight loss.

Please help

Hi ive had a lympocyte reading of 4.4 and it has trippled since june ive had another test yesterday and my doc said if it comes back higher she will send me to blood doctor.....ive been unwell with night sweats in chest area no energy and just not feeling like me wen i eat i get full quickly ive had chest xrays and altrasounds but came back fine...my lymp nodes are swollen in my neck....could this mean a type of blood cancer
Hello and welcome to the forum.  It sounds possible but the only way to know for sure if you're dealing with a blood cancer is with a lymph node biopsy.  If you end up having one, make sure they take a large specimen to study, not just a small needle biopsy.  It is important because in a small needle biopsy they might not get enough sample to show if there is cancer and could easily be missed.

There are other blood diseases out there besides cancer but I am not very knowledgable on them.  Has your doctor checked your LDH levels?  Elevated LDH can also signal a malignancy.  Seeing a blood doctor might actually be a good thing and will most likely know exactly what to do for further testing if needed.  

Good luck and please keep up posted.
I had ldh checked and was elevated...thanx u so much for ur reply ive been stressed cause ive had a infection for 6 months and its only now they are worried about it.....i find out this tues if it is higher but im so wishing for it to come down:-(
An infection for 6 months?  Wow, that's a long time.  What kind of infection?  Maybe this is the reason for the elevated lymphocytes.  I know infection causes  WBC's to increase.  The body does this to so it has an army to fight the infection.   The WBC's collect in lymph nodes and often cause them to enlarge.  I'm not sure if it can have the same affect on LDH.  

I know it's hard but try to stay positive.  Let us know how your appointment goes.
Hi, if the lymph nodes on each side of your throat are swollen equally/symmetrically, then that's much less likely to be any kind of cancer.
You are unfourtunately displaying many of the symptoms of Hodgkins Lymhoma. Please try and get your Doctor to refer you for a node biopsy
The infection ive had for 6 months is what they are looking for but cant seem to tell me what it is....my lympocyte reading just keeps get higher....so tired all time headaches sore tummy not hungry and ive lost 6 kilos i was 73 and now 67...my pulse is all over the place.....i find out tomorrow so i hope i will b ok
Thanks guys for ur reply and ill let u kno tomoz how i went
I still had a lympocyte reading of 4.5 but doc said she will keep checking it....i also have a swollen uteris i have three lumps on my left side of neck only and she said they were lymp nodes that were up....all my other bloods are fine.....they say u have a infection but cant tell u what it is....grrr
Now im geting coldness in my body that lasts for 15.to 20 mins and nausea and still geting night sweats.....i so hope its not hodgkins
Does your insurance let you self refer to a blood doctor?  It sounds like your current doctor has ran out of ideas.  I really think at this point you should be seeing a specialist such as a hematologist.  If you can't self refer, I would call your doctors office and ask them to refer you.  

I'm not sure what's going on with the cold chills, but possibly you are running a fever?  Fever can be a symptom of either infection or cancer, but if you have it make sure to tell the doctor.  Bottom line...don't give up as you are your own health advocate.  Seek answers elsewhere, especially if you stop making progress and you continue to get worse.
If you want to try to spur your doc into testing you for Hodgkin's Lymphoma, you could say that you get pain in lymph nodes after having alcohol.
what tests have you had besides the WBC? have you been tested for HIV as well?

all the best.