Should I be tested for Hodkin's Lymphoma?
Hello! I am a 22 year old female. I noticed back when I was 19 (when I took my first sip of alcohol) that after a few minutes my chest started hurting (felt as if I couldn't breathe....and lasted about 20 minutes.) I steered away from that kind of alcohol and told all my friends that I was allergic to it. It was the most excruitating pain I have ever experienced. Lately, I have noticed...whether it's wine/beer/liquor.... not only does my chest hurt significantly, but my neck and jaw also hurt as well. I am a healthy individual. I had a physical a few weeks ago along with a CBC and the only thing abnormal was my WBC count was extremely low. I don't go to a PCP (well, I don't have one), so I googled my alcohol symptom and all I could find was Hodkins Lymphoma. (nice to know it's almost always curable). Who do I talk to about this? I haven't noticed any other symptoms.....except fatigue (but I blame that on being a full time mommy/nursing student/employer. I don't want to make an appointment with a general doctor just because of alcohol pain. I find that silly. Am I being ridiculous? Or should I get checked out?
Hello and welcome.  I think it would be a good idea to see a doctor (even if just for the low WBC count alone).  Can you explain why you had a CBC?  Did a doctor go over your results with you?  

I can tell you that pain from drinking alcohol can be a symptom of Hodgkins Lymphoma.  Do you have any swollen lymph nodes?  I would definately mention the low WBC's, the pain when drinking alcohol and fatigue.  These are valid reasons to see the doctor and even if they say all is okay, it will give you peace of mind.