Leukemia & Lymphoma Community
Slowly growing lump on the left side of my neck

This patient support community is for discussions relating to all leukemia and lymphoma issues, Chronic Myelogenous Leukemia (CML), ALL, AML, CLL, SLL, anemia, biopsy, bone pain, chemotherapy, Hodgkins Lymphoma, monoclonal antibody therapy, Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma, stem cell transplant , swelling, vaccine therapy, weakness, and weight loss.

Hi I'm 16, and I've noticed a lump on my neck that has been slowly growing. I've had this for about 6 months or so and today I noticed that when I raised my head the lump was visible through the skin. My parents kept on telling me that it was probably just a swollen gland but it's grown and now it's visible. I don't think thats normal. It's above my adam's apple and on the left side of my neck. It's also the size of a large marble. Please shed some light for me. I've been worried that it may be a lymphoma, I would really appreciate the help.

Thanks so much for your time!