Leukemia & Lymphoma Community
Small Lump in Neck (Over 2 years)

This patient support community is for discussions relating to all leukemia and lymphoma issues, Chronic Myelogenous Leukemia (CML), ALL, AML, CLL, SLL, anemia, biopsy, bone pain, chemotherapy, Hodgkins Lymphoma, monoclonal antibody therapy, Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma, stem cell transplant , swelling, vaccine therapy, weakness, and weight loss.

Small Lump in Neck (Over 2 years)

Hello thank you for taking the time to read this and for any help/thoughts.

Im a 23 year old male and about 2 years ago now I was just randomly feeling my neck and noticed a small lump on the right side of my neck (about 3 inches directly below my ear) it is about 2cm across in size and quite flat. When I touch the edge of it it feels quite spongy and I guess a little slippery when I touch the edges as it moves around a little. It does not hurt to touch. I have had no bouts of colds, coughs, flu, exhaustion etc and have not had any other problems so in general my health has been excellent.

I did point out the lump to my Doctor a year ago and he said it was just a swollen lymph node and to come back if it got bigger or caused any pain. It hasn't affected my life or health so I kind of forgot about it until a few days ago when I just happened to feel the area again and it was still there it feels exactly the same as before and has not grown in size. The best way to describe it would be if I push down a little on the edge of it it seems to squish down a little and move a bit. It is quite soft probably like the feeling of the corner of your nose.

I am just a little worried as it has been there now for over 2 years and can't help thinking it could be something more then jump a swollen lymph node as I have read lymph nodes swell to fight infections but I haven't had any for a long time. My other question as it has been there for like 2 years now wouldn't I have experienced other symptoms by now if it was something more serious?.

I am going to the Doctors this week to see what he says now. I know no one can give a proper diagnosis online but if anyone has had similiar or has any help or advice on what you think it could be would be great. Thank You.
Do you still have your tonsils???...If so You might want to get the lump biopsey. I had a simular lump and it turn out to be tonsil cancer. not to scare ya but it might be good to have all that done just to be on the safe side