Leukemia & Lymphoma Community
Small moveable lump in neck

This patient support community is for discussions relating to all leukemia and lymphoma issues, Chronic Myelogenous Leukemia (CML), ALL, AML, CLL, SLL, anemia, biopsy, bone pain, chemotherapy, Hodgkins Lymphoma, monoclonal antibody therapy, Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma, stem cell transplant , swelling, vaccine therapy, weakness, and weight loss.

Small moveable lump in neck

I am a 20 yr old female. In December I noticed that I had two small moveable lumps in my neck. At the same time, I had a pretty decent cold. The lumps have not changed in size, and I can move them freely. I 've had them checked out by doctors and they said it's due to the cold. I have also noticed that on my left elbow I have a small moveable lump there as well, it's on the outside of my elbow. I do a lot of weight lifting so it could be due to that. However I've noticed that every now and then both of my elbows will get a little red and itch somewhat. That is one of the symptoms of lymphoma itching and redness so that concerns me a little. I have no other symptoms such as night sweats, fever, fatigue, sore throat, nothing of that nature. Also, over the summer I have noticed some change in my bowel movements that  they will alternate with soft to regular movements.I've heard that this is also a symptom of lymphoma, so I am a little concerned.  I am a little bit of a worrier so I am hoping that it could just be IBS.

I would greatly appreciate any feedback.
When lymph nodes swell due to illness they may never return to thier undetectible sizes. The fact that they are small and moveable and appeared after sickness does not indicate any red flags. I would keep my hands off of them as they are very sensitive and will stay swollen if touched.
The elbows does not sound like lymphoma and neither does the change in bowel movements. In fact unless you had cancer in your bowel area I have never heard or read of this being a symptom. I am curious as to where you heard this.

Debbie
I heard that some lymphomas can occur in the stomach, which why I thought that the possible change in my bowel movements could be from lymphoma considering I have lumps in my neck as well.
Yes, you are correct that lymphoma can occur in the stomach. Never thought that it could affect the bowel. I guess it could. You know, I just had a problem last week with bowel movements and I have started taking colonex (which is like metamucel) and it has helped a lot. I know when any little thing goes wrong with me I always think the worse - CANCER! I don't think I am alone with my worries though. It seems most people have the same fears.
Let me know if you go back to the doctors or find out anything else.

Take care!

Debbie
I'm glad I'm not the only one out there. I get very scared when a little something goes wrong with me or my family. Too many people die of cancer or related diseases that it's very scary. I'll keep my eye on it, I think most of my problem is is that I go to school and play softball so I get very stressed out. That could be wrecking havoc on my digestive system. But who knows I could be wrong.

Take care!