Leukemia & Lymphoma Community
Swollen Lymph Node with Discharge
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to all leukemia and lymphoma issues, Chronic Myelogenous Leukemia (CML), ALL, AML, CLL, SLL, anemia, biopsy, bone pain, chemotherapy, Hodgkins Lymphoma, monoclonal antibody therapy, Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma, stem cell transplant , swelling, vaccine therapy, weakness, and weight loss.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Swollen Lymph Node with Discharge

On Sep 13, I received a Flu Shot from a local drugstore.  A couple of days later my left axillary Lymph Nodes began to swell.  After about a week, the swelling was down somewhat.  I visited my health care provider who told me it was not systemic, and not to worry, that was on Sep 21.

On Oct 2, the swollen lymph nodes had spread to adjacent nodes in my left armpit.  Originally it was 2 or 3 nodes in the center of my armpit.  This time, it's about 4 to 5 nodes, out side the original swollen nodes.  One of them, in the front of my left armpit is very large.  I revisited my HCP and was again told not to worry, sometimes it can take a month or more for the swelling to go down.  

Today, on Oct 9, I was checking the node out and when I pressed on it, some bloody pus was discharged.  Further pressing resulted in some more discharge.

Since my HCP has todl me not to worry twice now, should I go back, wait and see, or seek emergent care elsewhere?

Thanks

Swollen In Virginia