Leukemia & Lymphoma Community
Swollen Lymph Nodes - Stomach

This patient support community is for discussions relating to all leukemia and lymphoma issues, Chronic Myelogenous Leukemia (CML), ALL, AML, CLL, SLL, anemia, biopsy, bone pain, chemotherapy, Hodgkins Lymphoma, monoclonal antibody therapy, Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma, stem cell transplant , swelling, vaccine therapy, weakness, and weight loss.

Swollen Lymph Nodes - Stomach

I recently had a stomach pain, diaherra (diarrhea) and fatigue and went to my doctor.  Due to the severe pain in my stomach he ordered blood tests, urine test and a CT scan.  Every came back normal expect the he said I had a ellivated white cell count and swollen lymph nodes in my stomach.  I am 36yrs old and scared to death this is lypmphoma.  He wants to see me for a follow-up next week; however the pain in my stomach as decreased and I am feeling better.  Could this have been simply a stomach virus or food posioning?  
It's highly possible it was/is a virus or bactirial infection. Lymphoma doesn't generally show up in blood work - you would need a biopsy of the affected lymph node to determine that.
WBC will elevate with infections/viruses and lymph nodes will swell in response to it as well, especially in the area of virus/infection. For example - cold or ear infection - your nodes in your neck would swell. Do you have any other lymph node swelling? Other symptoms besides stomach pain, diarrhea and fatigue? These are really rather generalized symptoms and could be caused by a number of things.
The fact that he hasn't referred you to a specialist, and wants to see you again in a week should be comforting. He will check the size of the lymph node, and if it's shrunk since your last visit, it should be nothing to worry about.

Hope you feel better soon!
Thank you for responding.  Went to my follow-up and he tells me to not be concerned; however I am still having symptoms that make me wonder what is going on.  When I eat now, about 15 minutes after I can feel my stomach gurgling and then I get nausea.  Within 2-3 hrs, I get a loose bowel movement.  Not sure what is going on; however I am worried it is something serious.
It's quite possible you have a bacterial infection in your digestive tract. That would explain your symptoms and the swollen lymph nodes in your stomach area. My daughter had one, and it took some time and special antibiotics to clear it up. If your doctor doesn't seem to want to deal with this, it might not be a bad idea to get a second opinion.

In the meantime, make sure you get plenty of fluids, and if you can, get some yogurt in you. It has healthy bacteria that can help a little. And, when you get the proper antibiotics, really eat the yogurt. You need the healthy bacteria to keep your system working properly!
Take care and let me know how it goes!
Shouldn't Patricia eat some bananas for the mucous lining as well?