Swollen lymph node?
For about two years now I have been able to feel what to me now feels like a swollen gland on the back of my neck, to the left hand side of my spine probably about 2cm wide. It is quite deep and I can only feel it with my hands when I tip my head to the right.
It isn't painful, but I am aware of it when moving my head around. It sometimes seems to make my left ear click too after I press it or when moving my head.
I have spoken with 3 doctors, one thought it was muscular and said to massage it, then one said it's not muscular but can't feel anything wrong so don't massage it, another couldn't feel anything but sent me for an ultrasound for my peace of mind and they couldn't see anything out of the ordinary. But I can't stop worrying about it and fiddling with it, I'm so worried it could be lymphoma or something but I don't want to cause a fuss unnecessarily.
Any ideas? Should I go to doctors again or just try and forget it?
Hi, I'd say that depends very much on what the ultrasound specifically says. I it a lymph node or not? How is the mass described? What else is said?

The odds are that it is not lymphoma. But on the other hand, that is pretty much the course of experience that my father had (including the same place), and it did turn out to be lymphoma.
Well I had the scan (quite a while ago now!) before I had any idea what it might be and was just told they couldn't see anything out of the ordinary.
I don't actually know if it is a lymph node for definite but that's the only thing I can think it could be.
It could also be a cyst or a lipoma. I'd get a copy of that report, it could set your mind at ease. You can post what it says here.