Tests for lymphoma
Hello. I'm asking this question about my daughter. She is losing her mind,scared she has lymphoma. She is 27 years old and has pelvic pain for several years, on her left side. The doctor thinks she has endometriosis or some adhesions. In the last month her left groin lymph node has become enlarged and hurts. She won't leave it alone, constantly feeling it and freaking out. She has an ultrasound of her lymph node, one of her ovaries etc. She has had a CT scan of her whole pelvic region. She has had a CA-125, CEA, CBC with differential, her lymphocytes checked. Everything checks out normal. Even the enlarged lymph node is within normal limits. The only thing that hasn't been done is a biopsy of it. The lymph node is very tender, movable. Her whole groin is in a lot pain though. Any ideas what could cause this? And are there other tests to rule out her worst nightmare? Could her pushing on it etc, make it stay large? Thanks for any help:)
Hi.
Recurrent or persistent genitourinary tract infections can make the groin lymph nodes persistently enlarged.  Lymphadenitis (inflammation of the lymph node) is caused by acute or chronic infections.  Antibiotics can be given to relieve the swelling.  Biopsy of the lymph node can help in ruling-out the possibility of lymphoma.
I suggest having her seen by her doctor for further evaluation and management.
Good luck.