Leukemia & Lymphoma Community
To mother of bailey

This patient support community is for discussions relating to all leukemia and lymphoma issues, Chronic Myelogenous Leukemia (CML), ALL, AML, CLL, SLL, anemia, biopsy, bone pain, chemotherapy, Hodgkins Lymphoma, monoclonal antibody therapy, Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma, stem cell transplant , swelling, vaccine therapy, weakness, and weight loss.

To mother of bailey

I am hoping you can be kind enough to answer some of my questions. I read your story and i am deeply sorry for son, hopefully he will get better. I read in your post that your son started to get tiny little red dots all over his body (petechia). Did they look like a rash or was it just some of the dots here and there? Are the dots still there or did they start to fade away or change color? I am just curios about these dots as because i have found about 10 of them on my body but they have been there for years and i never worried about them as i have good health. I am going to a dermotologist on friday to see if they are indeed petechia or just some other angioma which i am hoping for. Your son bruised alot to? Was the nruising really bad i.e like all over his body or just tiny little bruises. I look forward for your reply. Thank You.
  • please help me (4 replies):
    HI all. I was just searching on the internet recently an...[more]
  • tiny red dot's (1 replies):
    My little brother has tiny red dots on his knee and peop...[more]
  • black dots (1 replies):
    i had a melanoma skin cancer 25 years ago, this ;past ye...[more]
  • BRCA test (1 replies):
    While searching in the "Search MedHelp " box on the top ...[more]
  • Blue dots (1 replies):
    hi im 24 years old,and after the shower i noticed around...[more]
Hi, Bailey had petka all over his body. it did not look like a rash and thay never changed in coler (bright red) thay are gone now becuse his himglobin is about normal....most adults have some ptitka on them i do and it is normal, when it all over u have to worry....as for the brusing he was coverd in them big nasty looking things...the poor boy looked like he went about 50 rounds with someone...u could touch him and he would bruse.....I hope everything turns out ok for u friday....I dont think u realey have anything to worry about...Good Luck!!!! please keep me posted....Valerie
Thanks for replying, Thats what i am hoping for to. Like i said i have had them for as long as i remember and i am in good health (i beleieve so anyway). Im sure if they were do to some blood disorder then i would be pretty ill by now. Wouldnt you agree. Im scared to see the dermatologist in fear of him saying that they are indeed petechia. I am hoping that they are just some cherry angiomas which looks exactly the same as a petechia (red little dots). One more question. Where the dots all over your son under the skin or could you run your finger over them and kind of feel them. I can run a finger over mine and feel them.
No thay were under the skin, we could not fell them..Good Luck!!!! i know it is scary to go to the dr when u think something bad might be wrong.....but u need to go...it will put ur mind at ease and u can fegar out what those dots are...it hard but it is always better to know....I think u r goning to be fine....valerie