Vitamin C
     Has anyone else had good luck with megadoses of vitamin C for your CLL?
     Five years ago I was diagnosed with CLL and began my wait and watch routine. About ten months ago there were signs of a more rapid rate of increase in WBC and signs of near anemic drop in HGB, enough that oncologist warned me that chemotherapy would soon be called for. I was showing symptoms of enlarged lymp glands under my arms and a lack of stamina or energy.
     At that point I began taking 2,000 to 4,000 mg of vitamin C per day. On my next visit my WBC had dropped and my HGB seemed to be stabilizing. My oncologist seemed surprized but refused to admit that maybe the vitamin C was helping. He wanted me to come back in three months.
I was feeling better and told him that I was going to take a long vacation and not worry about my CLL for a few months. During that period I generally took 4,000 mg vitamin C.
    Two weeks before my 10-18-07 doctor visit I was taking 8,000 mg of vitamin C. My lymph glands under my arms had enlarged significantly, but I was feeling surprizingly good. In five months my WBC had increased from 79 to only 103 , and my HGB count had remained nearly constant if not improved slightly, moving from 11.3 to 11.6. My oncologist seems to be scratching his head yet about vitamin C, but agrees that we can hold off on the chemo for now. Great news to me!
    Was it the vitamin C or the prayer chain at church?
    Whatever, prayers are still being said and I have now started taking 10,000 mg (ten grams) of vitamin C daily. My hero, double Nobel prize winner, chemist, Linus Pauling, took ten grams of vitamin C throughout his adult life and lived to age 93, so it surely won't hurt me. I'm 77.

I have to say I'm rooting for you (and will whisper a prayer as well), though current reviews are still questioning Pauling's recommendation, how little effect is seen even in the treatment of the common cold. There is a doctor in South Africa who performed a trial of Vit D on himself, and there is some interest in derivatives of Vitamin D for CLL.
Thanks!