Leukemia & Lymphoma Community
WBC 11-30 Abnormal - Is this in Urine or Blood

This patient support community is for discussions relating to all leukemia and lymphoma issues, Chronic Myelogenous Leukemia (CML), ALL, AML, CLL, SLL, anemia, biopsy, bone pain, chemotherapy, Hodgkins Lymphoma, monoclonal antibody therapy, Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma, stem cell transplant , swelling, vaccine therapy, weakness, and weight loss.

I can't tell on these Lab reports which this WBC is from.  I had these tests taken on 8/30 and picked them up last night because I hadn't heard from my doctor.  When I got them and tried to call all day long today, I still didn't hear back and it is kind of driving me nuts.  I have had kidney infections before - sometimes feels like it never goes away and tests always reveal another infection but this time they went further with the tests and ordered microscopic examination.  On the first part under CBC With Differential/Platelet the WBC reads 6.7  and is within normal ranges.  The second part is Urinalysis, Complete... I think everything appears normal... the next section says.  Microscopic Examination follows if indicated then goes on to list WBC at 11-30 Abnormal and then Mucus Threads Present  Abnormal.  Does anyone know if this is microscopic of the blood or of the urine.  I looked up mucus threads and found lots of information on them being from the kidney and beyond areas.  If this is from the blood, this high of a White Blood Cell count is indicative of Leukemia and a few other things, but all my symptoms match Leukemia, but some of the symptoms also indicate a kidney infection.  

I was initially sent to test for Lupus, but Antinuclear Antibodies Direct and TSH look within normal limits.  

I have symptoms of enlarged liver, fatigue, sore muscles and bones... especially in the feet and ankles, my back and upper arms are sore to the touch like deep bruises but there are no visible bruses, cuts on my legs do not heal so well anymore.  A tiny scrape takes about a month and a half to go completely away, a gland on my left side below the ear inflames and gives me an ear ache, my memory is going fast.  Anyone know anything about these blood tests and these symptoms, your comments would be most welcome.  Thanks.
The thing with leukema is that alot of dif inf have the same simptins,here is what i know...what was ur himagloben do u know, sore legs, very sore mouth, teeth, gums, headacks bruseing, pitka, those were all the signs my son had before he was dicnosed with leukema...Good Luck!!!!! Let me know what u find out...

ps... alot of the systems i listed above can mean anything,,dose not mean u have cancer...

Valerie
OMG ... I read this and got chills.  I too have a (30-50 WBC, Urine) result AND I have every single symptom you described.  I never thought that they were all connected, I just thought I was getting older.  Now I'm thinking on visiting my physician for some answers.