Leukemia & Lymphoma Community
What is the chance

This patient support community is for discussions relating to all leukemia and lymphoma issues, Chronic Myelogenous Leukemia (CML), ALL, AML, CLL, SLL, anemia, biopsy, bone pain, chemotherapy, Hodgkins Lymphoma, monoclonal antibody therapy, Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma, stem cell transplant , swelling, vaccine therapy, weakness, and weight loss.

What is the chance

I have had a lot of test just recently and I have been in hospital for a bone marrow biospsy for Multiple Myeloma. I have had high ESR levels and Paraprotein in my blood. My doctor has told me that I have had no miricle remission in my blood work that at the moment there is no protein in my kidneys and as yet my bones have no lesion areas. I do have an appointment in a couple of days to see the results of my biopsy. I feel he thinks I have it but just not sure what stage. Am I jumping to conclusions that aren' t there or are they justified? Can you shed some light on this as it is driving me crazy. Just what chance do I have of having MM?
With Thanks
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hi JacquieM,

How are you? I’m sorry to hear about the tests and the painful biopsy. Have you seen your doctor? Do you have the result of your biopsy? Multiple myeloma is a cancer that begins in plasma cells, a type of white blood cell. In time, myeloma cells collect in the bone marrow and in the solid parts of bone, producing the symptoms. Sadly, no one knows the exact causes of multiple myeloma. Symptoms may include: bone pain (often in the back or ribs), broken bones, weakness or fatigue, weight loss, or repeated infections. You can read more about this on: http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/multiplemyeloma.html

I hope this helps. Take care and keep me posted.