Leukemia & Lymphoma Community
alcahol and cll
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to all leukemia and lymphoma issues, Chronic Myelogenous Leukemia (CML), ALL, AML, CLL, SLL, anemia, biopsy, bone pain, chemotherapy, Hodgkins Lymphoma, monoclonal antibody therapy, Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma, stem cell transplant , swelling, vaccine therapy, weakness, and weight loss.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

alcahol and cll

Is it okay to drink alcahol (alcohol) when suffering cll,I am currently not taking any medication. Hughie2
Related Discussions
  • Stemzine (1 replies):
    I would like to know about Prochlorperazine tablets pres...[more]
4 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Hi.
How are you doing?
It is best to avoid drinking alcoholic beverages.  There are patients with lymphoma or leukemia who experience pain after intake of alcohol.  
Good luck.
Blank
I thank you for your reply and would like to ask about "Stemzine" Prochlorperazine tablets I have been prescribed for dizziness. Are they O.K  ? Any side effects or dangers.
Blank
Hi.
Prochlorperazine is a drug used to control nausea, vomiting, and dizziness.  It can also be used to treat psychological or mental disorders, as well as non-psychotic anxiety disorders.
Side effects include drowsiness, tremors, restlessness, dysphagia or difficulty in swallowing, yellowish discoloration of the skin or eyes, etc.  If you experience any of the side effects while taking the drug, please discontinue use and report immediately to your doctor.  
This drug may also have interaction with other drugs that you may be taking.  Inform your doctor also if you are taking alcohol, anticonvulsants, lithium, drugs for Parkinson’s disease, nutritional supplements, herbal products, etc.
Good luck.
Blank
Thank you, I am only taking them when the dizziness hits,which happens only once or twice in a fortnight. I will be alert to any problems.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Leukemia & Lymphoma Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
The 3 Essentials to Ending Emotiona...