Leukemia & Lymphoma Community
cbc count

This patient support community is for discussions relating to all leukemia and lymphoma issues, Chronic Myelogenous Leukemia (CML), ALL, AML, CLL, SLL, anemia, biopsy, bone pain, chemotherapy, Hodgkins Lymphoma, monoclonal antibody therapy, Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma, stem cell transplant , swelling, vaccine therapy, weakness, and weight loss.

cbc count

should i be concerned about my blood count?
wbc is 13.1    the  reference says it should be between  4.8-10.8   k/cnn
rbc is 4.18      the  reference says it should be between   4.20-5.40  ml/cmm
I HAVE BEEN MORE TIRED ,NO ENERGY  STOMACH PAIN WHICH THEY SAID IT'S BECAUSE I AM
SO BACKED UP INSIDE I NEED A CLEANSING REALLY BAD. WHAT SHOULD I DO ANYONE KNOWS?
SHOULD I JUST LET IT GO?  OR BE CONCERNED?
Hi there.

The purpose of laboratory exams is to reinforce of confirm what your doctor is thinking of and judging from the values of your CBC, it is very hard to tell where the problem really is.  Your WBC count is above normal but as I have mentioned, the significance of this elevation should be judged by the doctor who say you.  White blood counts elevate in response to a lot of things including stress (most common) and infections.  

The RBC count is slightly lower than the normal but I think the level of decline may not be that significant.

Again, I believe that the results of your CBC may not explain your symptoms and I suggest you discuss this more with your doctor.

Regards and God bless.