Leukemia & Lymphoma Community
help please!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to all leukemia and lymphoma issues, Chronic Myelogenous Leukemia (CML), ALL, AML, CLL, SLL, anemia, biopsy, bone pain, chemotherapy, Hodgkins Lymphoma, monoclonal antibody therapy, Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma, stem cell transplant , swelling, vaccine therapy, weakness, and weight loss.

help please!

so yesterday i notice that my fiance has a lump under his jaw line on the right side he said it's always been there it seems to get swollen when he drinks beer he stop smoking a month ago he had this lump since last month it look's noticable the only thing is he wont go see a doctor about it im getting pretty worried about it im hoping it could be just an infection but im not sure it's soft im not sure if it moves around it kinda feels like a cyst i have one under my breast so i know how it feels, any suggestions on this or how i could make him see a doctor he just turned 34 so my worries are pretty high right now? please help thank u!
Hi Annajade,
Welcome.  I was a little confused from your post about how long he has had the lump.  He said it has always been there but later you say it's been there since last month.  If he's had it a long time, it probably would be a good idea to have it looked at, however, it could be a remnant of an infection that he had previously.  Sometimes lymph nodes don't go completely down after an infection.  Does he have any other symptoms like fevers, night sweats or weight loss?  Besides having a physical lump, these are common symptoms of lymphoma.  

I don't know what to recommend for someone who doesn't want to go to the doctor.  Obviously you can't make him go if he doesn't want to, but maybe you can make a deal with him to see a doctor if the lump doesn't go away in two weeks.      
so sorry for the confusion he told me he had it when he was little than it came back again last month. he is more like gaining weight since he stop smoking so no weight loss he dont sweat at night last time he had a fever was last year   around september he lost his voice too around that time. im gonna try to get him to see the doctor even if i have to make an appointment for him!  
okey ... the fact that the lump gets swollen with beer is something to have in mind. Usually lumps that are "bad" hurt with alcohol intake. He should have that examined and a blood exam to see his counts.
okay thank u! he say's it dont hurt though i been trying to look at it with out him noticing that im trying to look to see if it's still there he get's mad when i try to tell him see a doctor wish he wasn't so stubborn about situations like this.
I have a lump under my chin for almost 10years   last year i notice it got a lil bigger thats when i decided to have it checked... It turn  out to be nothing bad.. The doctor did say  if its been there for so long the changes are that its probably nothing to worried about.. Its just always better to get it checked and move on...
ya im praying it's nothing as well still hasn't gone to see a doctor yet, thank u for the information i appreciate it.