Leukemia & Lymphoma Community
help

This patient support community is for discussions relating to all leukemia and lymphoma issues, Chronic Myelogenous Leukemia (CML), ALL, AML, CLL, SLL, anemia, biopsy, bone pain, chemotherapy, Hodgkins Lymphoma, monoclonal antibody therapy, Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma, stem cell transplant , swelling, vaccine therapy, weakness, and weight loss.

help

don't even know where to begin. I thought this was something sexual related, since it occured 2 weeks after intercourse with a man (I'm female) but I've now had a seven month HIV NEGATIVE along with a PCR DNA negative and 11 other HIV tests all in between.

So here's how it began.
I've always had enlarged tonsils, later a heart problem that developed after the birth of my daughter (2000), recurring uveitis for the past two years...

so in August my tonsils swelled up to where they touched eachother, and I developed night sweats. The tonsils didn't hurt, and there was one swollen lymph node under my chin. Eventually I was given a tonsillectomy, but the low grade fever, night sweats, flushing, all intermittent. Excessive fatigue that will not go away. Chills. Skin changes (rash on back, on legs), swollen painful lymphnodes on collarbone and tops of legs, and on back of one knee. flushed apperance on the face in the evenings, I just don't feel good :( I used to be overly hyper :) OCD in my cleaning, happy-go-lucky. What the heck happened?

Here's lab work:
HIV Antibodies at 6, 9, 10, 18,19,21,22, 27 and 30 weeks... excessive much ::)
HIV DNA PCR negative at 5 months
HIV ICMA Negative at 5 months
Mono spot and strep test negative
CBC normal - neutrophils and platelets slightly elevated
Sed rate 8
Thyroid panel normal
ANA normal
ANCA NORMAL
CRP 0.50
HLA-B27 POSITIVE
Heart function normal
EBV shows past infection (long ago)
CMV shows past infection (long ago)
CT scan shows mild lymph nodes, nothing characteristic of cancer or that they feel needs biospy but i was on prednisone at the time

If anyone can point me in any directions, I'd appreciate it. I focused on HIV for so long because it followed a sexual encounter, however the guy I was with tested negative with a rapid test 6 weeks after we had sex, and I've had all these negative tests, so symptoms and timing coincidence are just that - coincidence... I need to get to the bottom of what is going on. Please?

My current symptoms are immense pain in lymphnodes with swelling, especially in collarbone and shoulders, knees and groin, forearm and underarms, low grade fever and fatigue with depression from being ill, intermittent night sweats... PLEASE give me any ideas you may have.

Considering that you have had ELEVEN tests done for HIV, plus DNA PCR, you were not exagerating when you said you were "overly hyper OCD"!!
But seriously, I think you need to consult an expert internist to correctly diagnose your condition.
Your history of recurring uveitis, transient heart problem, facial flushing, bodyache, joint pain, and HLA-B27 positivity makes a connective tissue disorder the most likely diagnosis.
Also, just to get it out of the way, you may also like to rule out lymphoma by getting an FNAC done. The fact that you have neutrophils elevated rather than lymphocytes, and the benign appearance on CT scan makes lymphoma unlikely.
I would be happy to learn of your progress and further medical encounters.