Leukemia & Lymphoma Community
jenn
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to all leukemia and lymphoma issues, Chronic Myelogenous Leukemia (CML), ALL, AML, CLL, SLL, anemia, biopsy, bone pain, chemotherapy, Hodgkins Lymphoma, monoclonal antibody therapy, Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma, stem cell transplant , swelling, vaccine therapy, weakness, and weight loss.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

jenn

11 year old son has been having blood in urine off and on for a year. severe head aches, low white blood count, and ct scan showing large lymph nodes in his abdomen.  has been referred to a nephrologist and to st judes cancer center.  can this symptoms be something other than cancer? do you get headaches and blood in urine with lymphoma? any comments would be appreciated thanks.

jenn
Related Discussions
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
208737_tn?1267677426
I know that u can get bad headaches with leukemia....my 6 yr old has ALL....so one of the things he always has a headache... im sorry u and ur familey are goning through this...

valerie
Blank
Hi.
What are his other symptoms?
What other examinations were performed on him?
Hematuria (blood in urine) could be caused by a many disease conditions, particularly the kidney.  Hematologic problems can also cause hematuria.
Headache is a nonspecific symptom and is caused by a lot of disease conditions.
I agree with a nephrology consult.  I also suggest a consult with a pediatric hematologist for further evaluation.
Good luck.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Leukemia & Lymphoma Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank