Leukemia & Lymphoma Community
leukemia CML

This patient support community is for discussions relating to all leukemia and lymphoma issues, Chronic Myelogenous Leukemia (CML), ALL, AML, CLL, SLL, anemia, biopsy, bone pain, chemotherapy, Hodgkins Lymphoma, monoclonal antibody therapy, Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma, stem cell transplant , swelling, vaccine therapy, weakness, and weight loss.

leukemia CML

is there any herbal treatment for CML ?
Hi:  No there is no herbal treatment for CML!!!    Were you diagnosed with CML, and if so are you seeing a specialist and what treatment are you on.?
I am being treated for CML, and was told not to even drink herbal teas well on my medication.  Share some more information so I can help you.  I have had CML for 13 years.
hi.sorry for late responding.my sister was diagnosed with CML in 2006,she
is on hydroxy and homeopathy.the specialist want to shift to Imatinib
lots of people die all the time because they reject traditional treatments and go with 'natural' things instead

I would think of using alternatives along with regular treatments, but not in place of them. Some alternative things might have some benefit.

Isn't homeopathy the approach where you dilute some substance down to one part per billion or so, and then expect it to actually have some curing power?

Meanwhile, Gleevec (imatinib) is considered to be one of the great success stories in the fight against cancer.

also keep in mind what Susan said: you want to be very careful never to take anything that could reduce the effectiveness of the regular therapy - for instance you don't take antioxidant containing substances when on certain types of standard chemo.

OTOH, an antioxidant substance like melatonin might actually enhance the cancer-killing power of the drugs used in ovarian cancer, and it possibly reduces adverse effects of other drugs (like doxorubicin) without reducing their cancer-killing power.

Everything needs to be individually researched.
Thanks for information.