Leukemia & Lymphoma Community
newly diagnosed
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to all leukemia and lymphoma issues, Chronic Myelogenous Leukemia (CML), ALL, AML, CLL, SLL, anemia, biopsy, bone pain, chemotherapy, Hodgkins Lymphoma, monoclonal antibody therapy, Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma, stem cell transplant , swelling, vaccine therapy, weakness, and weight loss.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

newly diagnosed

My father has had CLL for many years and now my doctor is doing final blood test to confirm the disease and a CAT Scan. Since my father has this and now I do (I am 59 yrs) does this mean CLL is hereditary.
I was sort of taken by surprise, I thought my white cell count was off because I was under stress with a husband who has terminal bladder cancer and I have been tired and stressed.
Does this disease always progress slowly or does it depend on each person?
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
907672_tn?1381029323
I am sorry to hear of your diagnosis.  I didn't have CLL (I had Follicular), however everything I've ever read about lymphoma in general is that it isn't hereditary and most likely caused by things like pesticides, herbicides, hair dyes, etc.  It is quite remarkable that you and your father have the same diagnosis.  

Like Follicular, CLL is a very slow growing disease and most people endure treatments multiple times over their lifetime to keep it under control.  Most people can live long, productive lives with this disease.  If you're interested, I can point you to some very good resources about lymphoma.
Blank
Thank You for responding to my posts, any info would be good, most of what I find on the internet, I never know what to believe.
giraffe53
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Leukemia & Lymphoma Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank