Leukemia & Lymphoma Community
night sweats and itching

This patient support community is for discussions relating to all leukemia and lymphoma issues, Chronic Myelogenous Leukemia (CML), ALL, AML, CLL, SLL, anemia, biopsy, bone pain, chemotherapy, Hodgkins Lymphoma, monoclonal antibody therapy, Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma, stem cell transplant , swelling, vaccine therapy, weakness, and weight loss.

night sweats and itching

is a night sweat when you wake up soaking wet (like you just got ouf of the shower) or you just feel hot and somewhat sticky?  and for the itching symptoms, is it constant or what is the description in regards to leukemia and lymphoma?  thanks.
oh and dr., what temp. is considered fever?  i have read 99.5 or above?  and is it true body temp. is higher late in the day?  thanks!
Hi.
Fever, sweating and itchiness of the skin are some of the clinical manifestations of lymphoma.  The sweating is more or less constant, usually occurring at night.  Some patients describe it as drenching or profuse, while others experience only mild sweating.  The itchiness of the skin experienced by many patients can be also be mild to moderate degree, intermittent, occurring anytime of the day.  As for the fever, it is usually intermittent low to moderate grade, occurring anytime of the day also.
If you are experiencing any symptoms you mentioned, you should consult you doctor.  Those are non-specific symptoms and can point to many disease conditions.
Good luck.
My body tempature actually dropped after treatment, it stays at 97.9 regularly. I itch the weirdest parts of my body, only certain parts of my head, my legs, and between my breasts. I've always had excema, but no when I get a patch, the excema itself goes away, but leaves scars. My doctor said it could be pre-menopause (I'm 41), but none of this really started until after chemo (2 years ago). I hate being sweaty at night, because I am freezing cold all the time. Blah, non-Hodgkins sucks.