Leukemia & Lymphoma Community
painless , movable bump under the skin on the right side of the neck f...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to all leukemia and lymphoma issues, Chronic Myelogenous Leukemia (CML), ALL, AML, CLL, SLL, anemia, biopsy, bone pain, chemotherapy, Hodgkins Lymphoma, monoclonal antibody therapy, Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma, stem cell transplant , swelling, vaccine therapy, weakness, and weight loss.

painless , movable bump under the skin on the right side of the neck for 1 year

I have found a bump on the right side of the neck under the skin   a year ago. I'm smoking and I  worry that I might have cancer or something else dangerous. It didn't change in size, but i still worry???
Are there other symptoms?
Get it checked out by a thorough physician and get an answer now instead of later.  Hopefully it's not malignant, but you'll never know unless you check.
I had a swollen lymph node on the back of my neck that I ignored for several months back in 2005.  I went to a local clinic and their x-rays showed nothing.  I also had nightsweats, random itching, and my energy slowly decreased.  By the time I went to my family doctor, I had a lot more swollen lymph nodes all over my body.  I got a lymph node biopsy, and imaging done to show I had leukemia.  5 years later I've survived cancer twice and had a stem cell transplant.
It may be nothing, but it's probably best to check so you can start something sooner if it is something serious, which I hope it's not.