Leukemia & Lymphoma Community
possible lymphoma????

This patient support community is for discussions relating to all leukemia and lymphoma issues, Chronic Myelogenous Leukemia (CML), ALL, AML, CLL, SLL, anemia, biopsy, bone pain, chemotherapy, Hodgkins Lymphoma, monoclonal antibody therapy, Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma, stem cell transplant , swelling, vaccine therapy, weakness, and weight loss.

possible lymphoma????

I am wondering if A cat scan would show any signs of lymphoma.  I just had one done on May 21 for abdominal pains.  I have had many blood tests done and all of my CBC counts came back ok except for my thyroid ( have hashimotos thyroiditis) and liver enzyme was elevated.  I had hepatitius panel and that was ruled out.  Ultra sound showed some fatty liver.  My gastro doctor wants me to go to a hemotologist to have lymphoma ruled out.  the mere fact that he suggested that scares me.  So my question to you is.....If I had lymphoma,  would it show up in a CBC blood test?  I have been complaining of abdomial (abdominal) pains since November of 07 and they just now did the Cat scan of my abdomen and pelvis, colonoscopy ( which showed inflammation of small intestine and colon), and an endoscopy.
  I feel weak all the time and am worried about lymphoma.  I will be going to hemotologist soon.
Avatar_dr_f_tn

How are you? How was the result of your colonoscopy and endoscopy? It is not possible for a doctor to confirm whether or not you have lymphoma  from a cbc blood test. Usually a referral to a specialist/hematologist for a series of tests is in order. CT scan can tell you if you have enlarged lymph nodes and biopsy is the only one that can give you the diagnosis of lymphoma.

Take care and keep us posted.