Leukemia & Lymphoma Community
possible swollen retroauricular node

This patient support community is for discussions relating to all leukemia and lymphoma issues, Chronic Myelogenous Leukemia (CML), ALL, AML, CLL, SLL, anemia, biopsy, bone pain, chemotherapy, Hodgkins Lymphoma, monoclonal antibody therapy, Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma, stem cell transplant , swelling, vaccine therapy, weakness, and weight loss.

possible swollen retroauricular node

hi. i have a swollen tender area about the size of a pea behind my left ear. i am trying to determine if it is the retroauricular lymph node of just a boil or one of those pimples that just gets all red and sore but never pops.  the area is slightly reddend and the bump moves with my skin.  i cannot move the skin over it.  do the retroauricular lymph nodes attach to the bottom side of the skin?  or are they anchored deeper so that the skin would move over them?
Hi.
The swollen area behind your left ear could be any of the conditions you mentioned above.
Postauricular lymph nodes are superficially located.  It can be palpated easily when enlarged.  It may or may not be movable.
Do you have other symptoms aside from pain and swelling of the area?
It would be best to seek consult with a doctor for proper evaluation and prompt treatment.
Good luck.