Leukemia & Lymphoma Community
small lump under armpit. Please help!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to all leukemia and lymphoma issues, Chronic Myelogenous Leukemia (CML), ALL, AML, CLL, SLL, anemia, biopsy, bone pain, chemotherapy, Hodgkins Lymphoma, monoclonal antibody therapy, Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma, stem cell transplant , swelling, vaccine therapy, weakness, and weight loss.

small lump under armpit. Please help!

Today I was taking a shower and kinda felt my armpit and in it I felt a little lump. It feel about the size of a pea, maybe not even the size of a the head of a finger. Is this normal? Is feeling a lymph node like this normal? I am 18 and really scared. Please commit of can.
Hi, at  this point it's nothing to be alarmed about. Just look at it again every month or so, not every day. When a node gets larger, that's usually because it's doing its job as part of the immune system.
Is being able to feel a lymph node under the armpit normal? When should I be alarmed?
generally if it gets very large very fast, if others appear, if you have other symptoms, if it has an odd shape

I wouldn't worry about it.
Well it really is not that big. I looked it up and it said that the armpit lymph are about 1 to 2 cm and it feels no bigger than that. What do you mean by odd shape? It feels just like a tiny ball or pea.
The size of it is definitely smaller than a marble.
Odd shape = for instance, long and narrow. Or divided.
I am going through the same thing. Since January of this year, I have been suffering with horrible headaches, low grade fevers, nausea, hair loss and night sweats. I found a lymph node swollen on the left side of my neck. I said to myself "I must be coming down with something". That was 2 months ago. Now I still have the swollen lymph node on my neck, along with a swollen lymph node I found under my arm on the left side (it's long and narrow) and what feels like a group of swollen lymph nodes on the left side by my ribs. My dr. felt a lump in my left breast so next Wed. I am going for 2 CT scans, mammogram and an ultra sound. If I were you I would def. keep a check on that lymph node. Hoping that your lump goes away soon :) Take care :)