Leukemia & Lymphoma Community
son has swollen gland
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to all leukemia and lymphoma issues, Chronic Myelogenous Leukemia (CML), ALL, AML, CLL, SLL, anemia, biopsy, bone pain, chemotherapy, Hodgkins Lymphoma, monoclonal antibody therapy, Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma, stem cell transplant , swelling, vaccine therapy, weakness, and weight loss.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

son has swollen gland

hiya my 6yr old has had a swollen gland in his neck for 3 years it goes up and down with infections but never gets smaller than say a grape but can get 2-3 times as large - have seen many docs over the years and after worrying for months finally forgot about it _ until last week when ive started obsessing about it again - took him to the doc yesterday who referred him to hospital to have it evaluated - he stressed that he didnt think it would be biopsied- as i am uk this will take about 6 weeks - and i think i ll struggle with my own anxieties- so my question is if my boy had anything nasty would it have developed in 3 years - am i worrying too much? your thoughts warmly appreciated
Related Discussions
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Hi.
Cervical lymph nodes could be due to infection.  Most of the time, even with resolution of infection, the lymph nodes do not return to its original size.  When there is a recurrent infection, the lymph nodes may continue to increase in size.
Aside from the presence of enlarged lymph nodes, is your son experiencing any symptoms?
Do consult your son's doctor regularly.
Do not worry too much.
Stay positive.
Good luck.
Blank
thanks im trying not to worry and his gland has halved in size since yesterday, my son has no other symtoms (symptoms) and 3 years is a long time!
perhaps its me who needs to see a doctor! i think this gland may do this up and down stuff for some time yet - just looking for reassurance really
thanx
Blank
Hi.
Please do regularly check on your son's lymph nodes.  If there is progressive enlargement in the absence of infection, you should bring him to his doctor immediately for proper evaluation.
Do keep us posted.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Leukemia & Lymphoma Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank