Leukemia & Lymphoma Community
swollen gland,night sweats,rash,joint pain

This patient support community is for discussions relating to all leukemia and lymphoma issues, Chronic Myelogenous Leukemia (CML), ALL, AML, CLL, SLL, anemia, biopsy, bone pain, chemotherapy, Hodgkins Lymphoma, monoclonal antibody therapy, Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma, stem cell transplant , swelling, vaccine therapy, weakness, and weight loss.

About 2 weeks ago developed chest rash followed by swollen neck gland and night sweats.Also have joint discomfort in hands and energy level not up to par. Age 39 and male and been in good health and this is sudden. Did go for diver certification and wore a wet suit provided a few days before the occurrence.
  • Arimidex - Rash (1 replies):
    I was diagnosed with IDC 3 cm in May 2007. I have had l...[more]
  • Rash on my areola (3 replies):
    I have a rash on the outside of my areola. My doctor sai...[more]
  • Rash Near Breast (3 replies):
    I'm 18 and I have had this tiny lump, which is almost go...[more]
  • rash (1 replies):
    has anyone else out there had a problem with rashes popp...[more]
  • Rash (2 replies):
    I'm a 21 years old female and I've noticed a rash develo...[more]
It is possible that you had an infection, probably a viral one. If the rash looked like small dots, this is more likely the case. What is not consistent however, is that you have not improved after 2 weeks, which seems to take too long for a viral infection.
Other infections of a more chronic nature such as tuberculosis and sarcoidosis would then be a consideration. Typhoid fever may also present with lymph nodes. Then of course, there is HIV. Consider where you live, where you've been travelling, and behaviors that may be high risk for acquiring HIV.
Directly, the diving may not have contributed to this. Indirectly, the stress may induce a reduction in your body's natural resistance, and hence maybe partially to blame for obtaining any infection.
I suppose you've also thought about the possibility of lymphoma, since you wrote in this forum. The possibility does exist, the rash is not indicative but the night sweats is a bad sign.
Its best you see a doctor straightaway to get to the bottom of this.