Leukemia & Lymphoma Community
will a CBC detect or not?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to all leukemia and lymphoma issues, Chronic Myelogenous Leukemia (CML), ALL, AML, CLL, SLL, anemia, biopsy, bone pain, chemotherapy, Hodgkins Lymphoma, monoclonal antibody therapy, Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma, stem cell transplant , swelling, vaccine therapy, weakness, and weight loss.

will a CBC detect or not?

I have had some weird symptoms lately.  The doctor sent me for a CBC the other day and said all my results were fine.

How sure can I be that this rules out leukemia and lymphoma?  I've read leukemia or at least signs of it would probably register on a CBC.  As for lymphoma, I've read in some places that a CBC can be used to test and in other places that it would not necessarily show up on a CBC.  

Either way, how sure can I be that the clear CBC test means I don't have leukemia or lymphoma?  Is it rare that lymphoma could go undetected on a CBC or an everyday occurence?

I've had what I think is a slightly enlarged lymph node in my neck and some lower back pain.  This is what is making me concerned.  
Any input?

I went back to the doctor today and he wasn't sure what to make of it.  He offered me stronger antibiotics, but he wasn't exactly sure what it would be for  He suggested I go back to my ENT because maybe it's being caused by a tonsillitis infection I had in January!  Ugh.

Any ideas?  
hi, did you ever find out what it was?