Leukemia Expert Forum
Leukemia

Questions in the Leukemia forum are being answered by medical professionals and experts. This forum is for questions and support regarding all Leukemia and Lymphoma issues such as ALL, AML, CLL, CML, SLL, anemia, biopsy, bone pain, chemotherapy, Hodgkins Lymphoma, monoclonal antibody therapy, Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma, stem cell transplant , swelling, vaccine therapy, weakness and weight loss.

Leukemia

Hello there. My friend has bruising all over her. She got her bone marrow tested and got a ton of blood test. She was hospitalized for three days, doing test after test after test. Of course they didnt end up finding anything. When she told me this, i was highly fusterated, because their is obviously something wrong. 99.5% Leukemia has to be it. Now i am into the whole medical field, and i watch all those medical shows.While watching them, i learned to think outside of the box. Now this is just a guess, and it would mean a lot if someone actually would answear. I do know that if she did have Leukemia, it would of probably shown up in her blood test, and them conformed in her bone marrow test. But do think it could be possible, that the Leukemia could be there mentally, but not phyically? In other words, invisible, so it wouldnt show up in the blood and bone marrow test? But it is there mentally, which is causing her to have the physical symptom?
It would be really great if someone could answer this, she is too young, and a great person. Her horse loves her too.
Dear Horseluver92,

Acute leukemia is a specific diagnosis that is based on findings in the blood and bone marrow.  If there are no abnormal findings in her blood or bone marrow, then you can rest assured that it is not leukemia.  

Are these bruises that occur spontaneously (no accident, injury, or trauma)?  There are other disorders than can result in easy bruising (disorders of blood clotting factors and platelet abnormalities).  These can be investigated further by her physician or by a Hematologist (a physician who specializes in blood disorders).

Good luck.  

Thank you. That is a huge releif. The thing that is strange is that i know for a fact that she did get tested for all blood clotting, platelets, low blood cells. Thank you for the help!