Leukemia Expert Forum
What could this be?
About This Forum:

Questions in the Leukemia forum are being answered by medical professionals and experts. This forum is for questions and support regarding all Leukemia and Lymphoma issues such as ALL, AML, CLL, CML, SLL, anemia, biopsy, bone pain, chemotherapy, Hodgkins Lymphoma, monoclonal antibody therapy, Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma, stem cell transplant , swelling, vaccine therapy, weakness and weight loss.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

What could this be?

I suffer from many symptoms that point to leukemia, but I would like to know what else could be causing these. My main issue is bone pain that is starting to bother with my life. I told my doctor about it when it first started and she told me everyone has bone pain and is a part of getting old. I am 31 btw. I have two types of bone pain. One is more of an ache in my legs and now my fingers that leave me feeling cold to the bone. I often get in a tub of hot water to get a little relief, though I am not sure if it is just the time that helps a little. And the water is hot enough to turn my skin red. The other pain happens in any limb and only in one location at a time. It is more of a sharp radiating pain. It feels as though a knife has gone through my bone and been pulled in one direction or another. When this happens I always find myself apply pressure to where the pain is occurring, not sure if this helps either but it appears to be a reflex. I have also started feeling pressure on the left side near my back. It hurts a little to lay on my left side and I feel some discomfort when over extending my left arm. I have also noticed that insect bites and small cuts are taking a lot longer to heal then they have in the past and they seem to stay purple. In July I was bitten by a mosquito and I still have a purple mark from where the bite was. And I have been having bruises pop up out of no where, usually I notice a hit that is going to cause a bruise. I have checked to the best of my ability and have not found any swollen lympnodes though, so I was wondering if that can rule out leukemia and also if these symptoms can be pointing to something else. Thanks in advance for your help.