Liver Disorders Community
3 spots found on liver

This support community is for discussions and support relating to liver disorders.

3 spots found on liver

Recently went to the hospital for something unrelated, and after finding marginally high liver enzymes and white blood cell count the doctor booked me for an ultra sound which I had the next day and was told they found 3 spots. I'm not waiting to have an MRI, and they also want to me to get another ultra sound since some of the ultra sound didn't pick up the part of the liver that connects to the pancreas. My symptoms include low grade fever from time to time, fatigue, and nausea, and slightly low potassium as well.  
Anyways, I'm 27 and I've had slightly elevated liver enzymes come up during blood work from time to time over the past 3 years, but the issue only ever last for a couple of weeks max, and then resolved itself on its own. Had all the hep tests done and I'm clear.
When the doctor was going over this information with me I was extremely tired since I had been in the hospital for about 24 hours straight at that point and only had about 2 hours of sleep so I never got a chance to ask how big the sports are, but they did tell me that the radiologists had said that it's nothing urgent.
Anyone have any idea what this could be. I've stayed away from googling it since that usually just leads to anxiety haha. Deep down I'm not too worried since I know I'm pretty young for this type of cancer, but if anyone could shed some light into some possibilities or similar circumstances I'd appreciate it.
I'd also like to add that I do not drink alcohol what so ever, and I do notice than these liver "sypmtoms" only seem to come up if I'm taking vitamines on a regular basis for a few weeks or tylenol/advil, which i don't usually unless I go through a phase where I'm getting bad headaches.
Hi. I think I may be of help with your question as I have a lot of experience with growths in the liver. It’s diagnosis, treatments, etc.

There are many different types of growths in the liver. Most are benign (harmless) and are not of concern unless they grow to a large size and then they can be treated.

The next step for you now is to have a MRI with contrast to determine type of growths you have.

“low grade fever from time to time, fatigue, and nausea, and slightly low potassium as well.” Could be anything and unrelated to the growths.

What do you mean by slightly elevated liver enzymes?
Do you have the numbers of the blood test results?
Do you have a copy of the ultrasound report?

Nothing to worry about regarding alcohol, Tylenol, vitamins, While they can damage the liver they don' cause growths in the liver tissue unless you have taken overdoses and severely damaged your liver in the past. Which can, in time, cause liver growths but that is very unlikely given your age.

Have you ever been tested for hereditary liver diseases that you know of?  

It is probably best not to think about what it could be. As there is no telling now if it is of no concern or something that requires medical attention. Once you have the MRI results then you will have a diagnosis and only if  needed, treatment.

Are you seeing a gastroenterologist or hepatologist at the hospital? Is this a large teaching hospital? It should be. To properly diagnose growths in the liver you should be seeing doctors at a liver clinic/center at a large teaching hospital at a minimum or a hepatologist at a liver transplant center. Not that you need a transplant, but they diagnose liver growths on a daily basis where other doctors done. They are the only ones that are trained and experienced in determining various types of growths of the liver in an accurate manner. Others are not and can make mistakes with diagnoses. Which you want to avoid at all costs.

Let us know if you have any of the doctors reports, and keep us up to date with the MRI results.

By the way I just had an MRI of my liver 2 Fridays ago looking for growths in my liver and mostly it is boring. I always fall asleep during the test. It is a painless procedure except for the IV for the contrast. If you have had IVs that is the hardest part. I have had about a dozen MRIs with contrast in the last 5 years. So no reason to worry about the procedure.

I hope it turns out to be benign growths that many people have but as now seen unless they have a ultrasound, CT scan or MRI.

I hope this helps.
hector