Liver Disorders Community
Alcohol related liver problem?

This support community is for discussions and support relating to liver disorders.

Alcohol related liver problem?

On Friday, Saturday and Sunday night, I drank alcohol. It was about an average amount. Today is Monday, and as I was driving home from my trip we stopped off at a restaurant with really salty fries. After I ate the fries, my liver felt like it was bubbling. It would occur almost every few minutes and last for a bit. Is my liver disinigrating? It doesn't cause pain either. I also have drank a higher amount of alcohol before and nothing happend. What is this? Will it go away? My mother felt my forehead earlier and said I was warm. I was also sweating. Should I drink green tea? Please help.
Hello Stephhh,

I am not a doctor or in the medical profession. I am a patient who had liver disease and learned a little during my illness. So keep that in mind when you read my opinion.

I don't think your liver is disintegrating. It sounds more like a gastro-intestinal problem associated with alcohol and food intake. Your symptoms just don't fit with anything I have seen in patients with liver disease - the bubbling, that is. I would recommend that you stop drinking and see if you don't feel better. If you are still concerned you could make an appointment with a doctor and get blood work done that would indicate possible liver problems. A liver panel should include liver enzymes - ALT, AST & GGT - and serum bilirubin. If these results are normal it would suggest that your liver is functioning well. That doesn't mean that it is absolutely certain that you don't have a liver problem but it is highly suggestive that you don't.

Good luck,
Mike
Bubbling liver? I think mike is right, it sounds like some sort of gastro-intestinal problem. Are you feeling gassy?  Anyway, follow mike's excellent advice, see a doctor and get tested.
By the way, good luck!
Ps I am not trying to be rude or funny, as sometimes gas can cause pain and stuff.
Dee1956, and spider6 commented on spider6's status
Dee1956 commented on No Cirrhosis of the L...
Emily_MHModerator Survey link - https://goo.g... Comment
Track your weight over time