Liver Disorders Community
Alcohol related liver problem?

This support community is for discussions and support relating to liver disorders.

Alcohol related liver problem?

On Friday, Saturday and Sunday night, I drank alcohol. It was about an average amount. Today is Monday, and as I was driving home from my trip we stopped off at a restaurant with really salty fries. After I ate the fries, my liver felt like it was bubbling. It would occur almost every few minutes and last for a bit. Is my liver disinigrating? It doesn't cause pain either. I also have drank a higher amount of alcohol before and nothing happend. What is this? Will it go away? My mother felt my forehead earlier and said I was warm. I was also sweating. Should I drink green tea? Please help.
Hello Stephhh,

I am not a doctor or in the medical profession. I am a patient who had liver disease and learned a little during my illness. So keep that in mind when you read my opinion.

I don't think your liver is disintegrating. It sounds more like a gastro-intestinal problem associated with alcohol and food intake. Your symptoms just don't fit with anything I have seen in patients with liver disease - the bubbling, that is. I would recommend that you stop drinking and see if you don't feel better. If you are still concerned you could make an appointment with a doctor and get blood work done that would indicate possible liver problems. A liver panel should include liver enzymes - ALT, AST & GGT - and serum bilirubin. If these results are normal it would suggest that your liver is functioning well. That doesn't mean that it is absolutely certain that you don't have a liver problem but it is highly suggestive that you don't.

Good luck,
Mike
Bubbling liver? I think mike is right, it sounds like some sort of gastro-intestinal problem. Are you feeling gassy?  Anyway, follow mike's excellent advice, see a doctor and get tested.
By the way, good luck!
Ps I am not trying to be rude or funny, as sometimes gas can cause pain and stuff.