Liver Disorders Community
BRIC liver disorder

This support community is for discussions and support relating to liver disorders.

BRIC liver disorder

Hello, I am suffering from BRIC liver disorder...what ways it can be cured..??
I'm not really sure myself. I have liver cirrhosis myself and have never heard of this but it's real and after some research I have found a link for you to check out okay.

http://www.medscape.com/medline/abstract/15300568
From Dr Thomas Schiano, "BRIC is a liver disease that affects young people.  it does not always require liver transplantation as long as the symptoms can be controlled medically.  it can also be associated with conditions that affect the heart, kidneys and other organs." Google reading on BRIC http://alturl.com/b5vkp
Might suggest you talk with a liver specialist found at a teaching hospital in your area, usually on or near a college university.
I have been diagnosed with BRIC as well. Its hard to find people out there who have this condition. I am keen to find out more about the disease, I was just told that I had it at the end of last year. Would be interested to hear more about your story.

Regards

Jen
i have had BRIC all my life if there is others interested in knowing anything i'd be more than happy to let you know what i know....
I have bric and have had it for seven years now. I am now 23 years old. Id love to get in touch with others who suffer from bric
My name is Kip Justice. I live in Alabama, my son zach was diagnosed with bric today. So I have been trying to find out what I can about the disease. The main thing is all he has took is steroids, is there anything that would prevent what I would describe as a flair up of this.
Also, how far apart are the flair ups of the symptoms? How long do they last? His last bilirubin reading was 42, down from a 44, but he has been yellow for 3 weeks. He is 20 years old and is never sick, so mentally he is not taking this well.

Thanks for anything you can help with. Kip