Liver Disorders Community
Blood work questions - regarding possible liver issues

This support community is for discussions and support relating to liver disorders.

Is having a high GAMMA GT (66) , AST (SGOT) (234), ALT (SGPT)  (152) a concern?

I had this issue before with the liver enzyme tests coming back super high (one was over 500).  I do not smoke or drink.

I am sick to my stomach and have been unable to eat much.  
Oh, Yes, you should be concerned. Many a times AST (SGOT) and ALT OR SGPT (both are collectively called transaminases) rise without any cause. Because AST is found in many other organs besides the liver, including the kidneys, the muscles, and the heart, having a high level of AST does not always (but often does) indicate that there is a liver problem. For example, even vigorous exercise may elevate AST levels in the body. However to reach at that conclusion the medical causes of these raised transaminases have to be ruled out. Causes of liver transaminase elevations include viral hepatitis, alcohol use, medication use, steatosis or steatohepatitis, and cirrhosis. Steatosis and cirrhosis are ruled out by the ultrasound. Other common health conditions, such as diabetes, heart disease, pancreatitis, hemolytic anemia and thyroid disease, can also cause liver transaminase elevations. Most liver diseases are characterized by greater ALT elevations than AST elevations except cirrohsis and alcohol abuse.High concentrations of GGT are found in the liver, bile ducts, and the kidney. Hence kidney and urinary problems could be causing the high GGT level. Greater-than-normal levels of GGT may indicate: congestive heart failure, cholestasis (congestion of the bile ducts) , cirrhosis, hepatitis , liver ischemia (blood flow deficiency), liver necrosis, liver tumor, use of hepatotoxic drugs (drugs toxic to liver).
All in all this indicates hepatitis or cirrhosis or liver ischemia. Please consult a doctor ASAP and avoid fatty food, alcohol (its good you do not drink or smoke) until then. Hope this helps. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!
Thank you very much for responding to me, my doctor did some other blood work but all that came back normal, I know my doctor did a Hep A test and that was negative.  

I have been sick to my stomach most the night.  Is there any other tests that my doctor should run or should I see a specialist? (I know she did a billi test and it was fine).  I did have thyroid issues but I am on meds for it and it is under control.  I have had this test before (the 2 liver enzymes) and they were within normal limits.