Liver Disorders Community
Chest Tightness, and Breathing difficulty high liver enzymes

This support community is for discussions and support relating to liver disorders.

Hi, I am a 22 year old male and have been experiencing bad chest tightness and dyspnea for a while now.  It began very minor and then grew worse and worse over the past few years.  I have been to many doctors but I feel as though someone is missing something.  I also went to a psychologist and nothing was found that would cause these symptoms.  I have seen pulmanology, cardiology, GI, ENT, Neuro, Internal.  And still no diagnosis.  I have been put on many medications but nothing is helping.  Only thing found was high liver enzymes but I was told it was because I was heavy 250 ( I lost 30 lbs thought im now 220)  My father was diagnoses with myasthenia Gravis but I do not have it from what the blood test and EMG showed.  Also these symptoms seems to get worse when I had to start taking Vicodin more often (1 pill a day) instead of 1 every couple of days for my migraines.  Is there any disease that Vicodin would make worse?  Or could the drug it self cause these symptoms?  Thank you for your help.
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hello and hope you are doing well.

With vicodin, the most frequently reported adverse reactions include: lightheadedness, dizziness,  sedation, nausea and vomiting. It may produce dose-related respiratory depression at very high doses, by acting directly on the brain stem respiratory center, causing a decrease in respiratory rate and cyanosis.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.
It was found now that I have very low vitamin D.  This along with my muscle pain and weakness with the shortness of breath the doctors think that MS and Late stage Lyme disease might be what I may have.  I dont see him for a few weeks and we only spoke over the phone but any others suggestions that go along with my prior symptoms plus low vitamin D (it was 2 was the number on the blood test).  Thank you for your time.
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hello and hope you are doing well.

Hope cardiology and lung disorders as a cause for your symptoms have been ruled out. But usually a diagnosis of multiple sclerosis can be made over months to years and it is based on MRI, electro physiological potentials from the brain and the presence of abnormal cells in the cerebrospinal fluid (fluid surrounding the brain). A combination of these helps with the diagnosis.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.