Concerened Daughter

So today I was at my parents house and my Dad starts saying how the right side near his belly hurts. We are thinking it is the liver he said he has been having pain there for years now. He says the pain goes and comes back its a sharp pain he says and it feels like there's something internally that opens up and closes back up. He also says that sometimes he feels like even throwing up. I am so scared!!! I googled liver cancer symptoms and it said nausea, blooting, skin yellowing, weight loss, loss of appatite, dark urine....he has not lost weight he is about 210 pounds... he does not have any of those symptoms other than nausea..  we are buying Xango for him (mango steem) He has no Insurance, I just don't know what to do, I am devastated, sad, and worried. Some one please give me reasonable advice, what do you think? please HELP!!!!!  
Hi you are really nice to try to check.  While the liver itself is not supposed to hurt because there are no nerves it is possible, if the liver is enlarged for the sac surrounding it to hurt.  Also people get pain in that area when they are having gall bladder problems.
Many people have problems with their gall bladders that can be managed as long as they stay away from fatty, fried food.
He could try a food diary to try to pin point when it hurts.
He could also try to watch his diet carefully, cutting out red meat, anything fatty or fried to see if that will help him.

He could try increasing his water intake to help his liver work better and add in more fruits and vegetables.

Have you tried checking out the health department to see if they have any clinics he could go to just to get an exam and some blood work?
Take care
D
My dad's family runs with chronic gastritis and GIRD, both of which have the symptoms you describe.  He also has diabetes, and they aggravate each other.  He sometimes has to avoid fatty or fried foods, and eat on time, drink lots of water and eat a lot of vegetables.  Try that exam and blood test that Dee mentioned, and that might give you some ideas.
Thank so much !!!!! I feel better !!!
Hi I am so glad, I know how scary it can be to have a pain in that area.  I had it once and it turned out to be the ligaments between the ribs.  I had pulled something, it hurt every time I drew a breath.
Another member on here was having pain, it turned out to the the intestine and was causing severe gas pains.
If you have ever had gas pains up in that area it can feel like a knife.
My mother in law had  gall bladder disease, every time she would eat lunch meat or fatty foods, fried foods she would have an attack of nausea, diarrhea, severe pain.  As long as she watched her diet she was fine.  But...she would forget and then it would happen again.

I hope that your Dad feels better very soon.
You are very nice to be searching for help for your Dad

Hang in there :)