Liver Disorders Community
DO I NEED TO WORRY !!

This support community is for discussions and support relating to liver disorders.

DO I NEED TO WORRY !!

i had a liver function  blood test. My sgpt is 72 nd my sgot is 33 and all other things are in normal range.
I stopped taking medcines for hives 2day before the blood test(cetzine for 20 days) and was having hives related ittiching on the day of blood test.i am overweight by 10 kg. The test ws taken 2hrs latter from having a heavy lunch.
What are the reasons for my high spgt. ..is it due to hepatitis?..i am a virgin nd had only done french kissing with braces on 6 years back.
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hello and hope you are doing well.

The SGPT levels are elevated in liver disorders. It can be due to hepatitis. Besides this they are also elevated in conditions like muscle injury and sometimes due to medications. If you do not have symptoms of liver disease like jaundice, nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain and fever, I would advise you to wait for now and repeat the test after four weeks to see how the levels are progressing.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.
Thanks for your response
i have some doubts
1) Does all these symptoms comes together or individually ??
2) Usually what will be the sgpt value for a chronic hepatitis b carrier after 6 years from getting infected without any treatment .
3)If my sgpt value goes back to normal range after 4 weeks do i need to worry about hepatitis b .
4)I have heard that the virus clear up on its own within 6 months in about 90% adults.will it clear up even if no acute symptoms were there .
once again thank you very much for your  concern
one more doubt
is there a 90 to 95% chance of clearing hepatitis b if  a person is in infected at the age of 16..?
can age 16 be considered an adult in terms of clearing this virus
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hello and hope you are doing well.

All the symptoms may not be present for a hepatitis infection. Symptoms of hepatitis B would be jaundice, nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain and fever. The incubation period (the time between initial contact with the virus and onset of the disease) for hepatitis B ranges from 45 to 180 days. Diagnosis of hepatitis B infection is based on the raised levels of HBsAg and IgM. For convalescence it takes anywhere between 6-9 months, depending on your antibody titers.

Once the infection has resolved, the enzyme levels will normalize and the IgG antibodies will be present in the blood stream.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.