Liver Disorders Community
Discomfort below right rib cage
About This Community:

This support community is for discussions and support relating to liver disorders.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Discomfort below right rib cage

For years I've felt a discomfort below my right rib cage. It started whilst at university (where I drank a lot). It goes away and then comes back, it seems as though when i'm drinking more alcohol it becomes more prominent. As I said, this isn't a pain it's just a discomfort but it's there nonetheless and worries me. I've been to the doctors 3 times about it and they just say there's nothing really in the spot which i'm complaining about and that it's probably just that my stomach doesn't like it when I drink fizzy beer. To be fair I have been drinking fizzy beer as a spent a week in Thailand but I think it's too high to be my stomach as it's just under/below my rib cage. I had an x-ray on the area for an employment medical and nothing showed up on the scan but this doesn't stop me worrying. I'm I just being a hypochondriac or should I go to the doctors yet again.