Liver Disorders Community
Discomfort below right rib cage

This support community is for discussions and support relating to liver disorders.

Discomfort below right rib cage

For years I've felt a discomfort below my right rib cage. It started whilst at university (where I drank a lot). It goes away and then comes back, it seems as though when i'm drinking more alcohol it becomes more prominent. As I said, this isn't a pain it's just a discomfort but it's there nonetheless and worries me. I've been to the doctors 3 times about it and they just say there's nothing really in the spot which i'm complaining about and that it's probably just that my stomach doesn't like it when I drink fizzy beer. To be fair I have been drinking fizzy beer as a spent a week in Thailand but I think it's too high to be my stomach as it's just under/below my rib cage. I had an x-ray on the area for an employment medical and nothing showed up on the scan but this doesn't stop me worrying. I'm I just being a hypochondriac or should I go to the doctors yet again.  
My doctor told me to reduce 10% of my weight and even if the condition persist reduce more weight.

Be very less to fat and Proteing for a while. All organic. Lots of fiber and little carbs. Fresh Fruit and vegetable juices and not last and least meditation to calm my mind.

I'm targetting to reduce from 250 to 225 in 6 months.