Liver Disorders Community
Diverticulitis, blood clot, and jaundice

This support community is for discussions and support relating to liver disorders.

My mom was admitted to ER and kept for diverticulitis. Treated with IV antibiotics and pain meds for 3 days. She developed a blood clot in RUE and moved to ICU. She was ordered on OOB with goals of amb. but has only amb. Bedbathroom and has been immobile otherwise. When I went to visit last night she was extremely jaundiced and had extreme edema in RUE and LE. The am doc advised 3 more days of hospitalization but then the pm doc said she could be d/c following day after anticoagulant injection and rx for hormone replacement. I'm concerned about the jaundice, edema, and blood clot. If she is d/c today she will be here for 2 more days and then driving 16 hours home. Is there anything I can have them check for before d/c her. I've had a bad experience with the care at this hospital and am concerned with their thoroughness of treatment.