ELEVATED LFT'S
I have recently discovered an elevated alkaline phosphatase level on a routine bloodwork up.  I did a follow-up liver test about 2 weeks later and the test was even more elevated than the 1st time.  We did a GGT which was normal and a Hepatits Profile which was negative.  Also went ahead and did the liver isoenzymes and the liver isoenzymes came back elevated and the bone isoenzymes came back low the rest of the isoenzymes were normal.  I went ahead and did a full abdominal u/s and all was normal with the gallbladder, liver, spleen, kidneys, and pancreas.  I waited about 2 more weeks and rechecked the LFT's again and now the direct bilirubin is also elevated along with the ALP.  I'm not sure if I should do a total body bone scan or have a HIDA scan done.  I do have a history of nausea and abdominal swelling.  I have also recently found out the I have 2 family members with hemachromatosis so I'm not sure if I should look into that also. If anyone has any input on this, I would be forever grateful.  
I found this about hemochromatosis at the Mayo Clinic site. I definitely think you should see a hepatologist and get an opinion from a liver expert.

See: http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/hemochromatosis/DS00455/DSECTION=symptoms

"Early-stage signs and symptoms
Early signs and symptoms of hereditary hemochromatosis mimic those of many other common conditions, making it difficult to diagnose. Signs and symptoms include:

* Arthritis, especially in your hands
    * Chronic fatigue
    * Loss of sex drive (libido) or impotence
    * Lack of normal menstruation (amenorrhea)
    * Abdominal pain
    * High blood sugar levels
    * Low thyroid function (hypothyroidism)
    * Abnormal liver function tests, even if no other symptoms are present

Advanced-stage signs and symptoms
In later stages of the disease, you may develop serious conditions such as:

* Cirrhosis — a condition marked by irreversible scarring of the liver
    * Liver failure
    * Liver cancer
    * Diabetes
    * Congestive heart failure
    * Cardiac arrhythmia
    * Discolored skin that's bronze or gray in appearance

When to see a doctor
See your doctor if you experience any of the signs and symptoms of hereditary hemochromatosis. And if you're age 25 or older and have an immediate family member who has hemochromatosis, see your doctor to be genetically tested to see if you have the gene defects that put you at risk of hemochromatosis. Monitoring and treatment can help you avoid complications."

Good luck,
Mike
I second what Mike wrote, definitely have your doctor check you for hemachromatosis.  Not just just you transferrin, ferritan and iron levels but also the test to check to see if you carry the gene.
Thank you all for your inputs.  I did go ahead today and had blood drawn for a ferritin, TIBC, and transferrin levels.  I know that this is just a starter and if it shows anything then I will go ahead and do the genetic test for it.  My moms sister was the one who originally found out she had hemachromatosis about 6 months ago and now my moms brother is finding out that he has it also.  I know it's genetic but I also know that both parents have to carry the gene in order to pass it on, so, I'm not sure if I could get it since I'm only the daughter of their sister.  Seems to me like I would have to be a sibling to get it.  I guess I'll just have to wait and see what the new tests show.  Hopefully I'll get the result tomorrow.  If it turns out not to be hemachromotosis, what else should I look into?  Thanks again.