Liver Disorders Community
EXCESSIVE SWEATING DUE TO LIVER MALFUNCTION?

This support community is for discussions and support relating to liver disorders.

I have been told something may be wrong with my liver.  My body is like a furnace and as soon as I move, no matter what season, water just pours out of every gland in my body.  I have been to a neurologist, endocrinologist, dermatologist and they have all said they don't know whats wrong and that all my levels of hormones are ok.  This is interferring with every aspect of my life.  Who can I go to for help getting extensive testing of my liver functions?  PLEASE HELP!
Have you had blood work done for your liver & other bodily functions? The best person to go to is a Hepatologist if you suspect your problems is coming from your liver.  Do you have a teaching hospital near you?
Have a look on your web site at a condition called hyper hydrosis.
This is an excessive sweating condition that I have a friend who suffers from this.  it is unpleasant but can, in some cases, be managed.
I have liver disease and yes your body can be like you discribed but the sweating usually comes as night sweats. I have flushes anyway due to my age but it is worth looking into the condition that I have named as well as having ALT blood tests to check the liver functions.