Elevated LFTs and recurrent pain episodes with no answers...
I am a 30 year old mother of 1 with PCOS, hypothyroid and psoriasis, I had my gallbladder removed in 2004.. I take synthroid and OTC allergy medication as well as OTC Zantac. I recently had a right oophrectomy and D+C without complications.  4 days post OP I began having pain between my ribs, with nausea, loss of appetite and restlessness.  I went to the ER and was admitted with hepatitis.  I tested negative for Hep A, B, C, I had a CT scan, ultrasound and upper endoscope, all of which showed nothing.   I was in the hospital for a week receiving pain meds and fluids.  I was discharged and on follow up my AST/ALT had returned to almost normal.  I was in the ER 3 weeks ago on a Saturday for a ruptured ovarian cyst, and LFTs were normal.  Began having pain again on Wednesday and LFTs were found to be higher than they were on my 1st admission. I spent another week in the hospital, however, I have no more answers now than I did before admission.  LFTs  were down to around 200 when I was discharged, however I am still having pain.  I do not drink and never have, I do not take high doses of NSAIDs, and other than the ruptured ovarian cyst, I have been pretty healthy.  My question is, since all the tests have come back negative,what should my next step be??  Also, can I expect this to get worse as time passes??
If your liver enzymes are still elevated I think you should be seen by a hepatologist.
If there are no hepatologists in your area then I'd see a gastroenterologist. But a liver specialist would likely be the best doctor to diagnose and treat you.

Good luck,
Mike