Liver Disorders Community
Elevated Liver Enzymes (tylenol, eating disorders)
About This Community:

This support community is for discussions and support relating to liver disorders.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Elevated Liver Enzymes (tylenol, eating disorders)

I had gone to my doctor in January of 2008 for extreme dizzy spells for which she did blood work and found my liver enzymes were elevated (no correlation, just something that came up on the blood work.)  She had asked me to come back a year later to have them retested to make sure they had gone down, which they did not.  Over the past 3 years they have continued to elevate (I've had about 7 tests done to measure the enzymes over the course of 3 years).  About a year ago they did drop significantly but not normal yet proceeded to go right back up again though they're not the highest they have been at this point.  For the year prior to my first visit in 2008, I had been taking Tylenol PM every night to help me sleep as well as Tylenol or Ibuprofen during the day on many occasions due to shoulder pain.  I had also suffered with an eating disorder since 2006.  I cut a majority of food groups out of my diet (pretty much lived off of oatmeal and vegetables...did not drink any alcohol or caffeine) and exercised on average of 4 hours a day (running, kickboxing, walking etc.)  I did lose my period for over a year.  In March of 2008 I got pregnant and completely stopped taking any medications, no caffeine, no alcohol, ate well, and limited exercise to walking only.  Although mentally I am not 100% in terms of my ED, I have been doing well physically and trying to eat well though I have suffered bouts of bulemic tendencies on and off.  I have had multiple tests for hepatitis which were negative and an abdominal ultrasound which came back fine.  My doctor told me I need to see a GI doctor but literally days after I made the appointment I lost my health insurance and don't know when I will be able to get in as I cannot afford to go.  I don't know that I have any symptoms, the only things I really struggle with on a day to day basis are extreme bloating, constipation, and just an overall icky tummy feeling.  Just curious if anybody has had similar experiences or can shed any insight while I wait to reschedule my appointment.  My doctor sounded a little worried but doesn't know what else to do from here on out as she has tested for everything she knows to test for and everything has come back negative.  

-Kathryn