Elevated Liver Enzymes
Hi There,
I recently had some blood work done and was found to have elevated liver enzymes (minor).However I have never had this before I started taking an OTC sleep med called sleep M.D and St.Johns Wort.I also take oxycodone 30mg for intractable back and shingles pain,valium and Ambien CR.
Could the herbs in the Sleep M.D,valerian,willow hops,and melatonin and St.Johns Wort making my lover enzymes go up with my daily RX meds?
I have stopped taking all the herds to see if this is the cause,but I would appreciate an experts opinion.
Thank you!
I had chronic elevated liver enzymes for about 5 years with no known cause. A sharp doc eventually traced my chronic long term nausea and pain in the upper right of GI (not heavy pain but some pain) and had further testing (ultrasound and Hida scan) and my gallbladder was removed 3 weeks ago. 18 days post op, my liver enzymes had finally returned almost to normal. it was explained that the gallbladder can cause elevated liver enzymes. Some medications can cause liver enzymes and there are other reasons as well.
Thank you for your post.I had my gallbladder removed when I was 18 years old.I'm 46 now.So I don't think it's that.However,if after i have stopped all these herbal formulas i will have my enzymes tested again.If they are elevated i will check to see if the bile duct from the removed gallbladder is somehow causing this.I have heard of people having prblems after gallbladder removal with that .BTW,I do not drink alcohol at all for over 10 years.It gives me headaches.So it's not that.
They are just slightly elevated at 10 and 20 points,but still it makes me nervous.
if your blood work is 58 and 202 means you in bad shape???