Liver Disorders Community
Enlarged Liver!! Please Help

This support community is for discussions and support relating to liver disorders.

Enlarged Liver!! Please Help

Hello Sir

I am 23 years old Student.3 months ago i ran ultrasound test for my kidney ,Doctors Discovered that my liver was enlarged and found it " 2 cm below coastal margins"
I am little bit worried about it.I got my LFT tests ,hepatitis screening test , all were clear .

please tell if it is normal to have liver enlarged to this size
Also i have lot of gas ,so can it be reason??
Help will be appreciated !!
I can tell you the liver does not enlarge because of gas. I cant tell you if your liver is enlarged much at all but I looked around for you and found some information on the topic at a very credible website.

Definition
By Mayo Clinic staff

Enlarged liver

Enlarged liver describes a liver that is larger than normal in size. The liver is a large, football-shaped organ found in the upper right portion of your abdomen. Enlarged liver is also known as hepatomegaly (hep-uh-to-MEG-uh-le).

Enlarged liver isn't a disease. Instead, enlarged liver is a sign of an underlying problem, such as liver disease, congestive heart failure or cancer.

Treatment for enlarged liver involves identifying and controlling the underlying cause of the condition.

You can find this information @
http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/enlarged-liver/DS00638

So as you can see if you do have an enlarged liver then it is critical you find out the underlying cause. Talk to your doctor and discuss concerns he/she may have and begin further testing. I hope this helps you out. Take care!

Randy
Avatar n tn
Thanx For the Reply
Dee1956 commented on Cindy's status
Dee1956 commented on meegWpaw's status
Dee1956 commented on stilltrying1965's status
Track your weight over time