Aa
A
A
Close
Explanation of Ultrasound results
Hi Everyone,

I'm just kinda looking for a layman's explanation of the results of my Ultrasound. The only thing that came out of it that seemed unusual was "Mildly heterogeneous liver parenchyma". My gastro doctor and I were talking pretty intensely about what my options for further tests were just to make sure I was ok, endoscopy vs. barium swallow. So we kind of blew through the explanation of what this was and he didn't seem to concerned. I believe he said it was just a sign of slightly fatty liver. Is this all it is and am I ok to not worry? Thanks for any help.

Chaw
Cancel
3 Answers
Page 1 of 1
729009 tn?1237330483
It's good your doctor wasn't too concerned but still wanted the extra tests. I would imagine they are trying to determine the extent of any damage that may have been done to your liver. A fatty liver causes it to become fibrous which in turn causes scar tissue. That may be a very poor interpretation, but it seems to be the progression. I had a biopsy done via endoscopy and it seems that's the ultimate test of your liver's health. Good luck!

Nicole
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
978469 tn?1433551546
I was also diagnosed with hepatic echotexture is mildly heterogeneous possibly representing mild patchy fatty infiltration. Did you ever get to the bottom of yours?
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
978469 tn?1433551546
" My gastro doctor and I were talking pretty intensely about what my options for further tests were just to make sure I was ok, endoscopy vs. barium swallow."
Its probably not serious is my guess. And the barium and endoscopy has nothing t do with your liver. He is looking at something else there. But please update us
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Recent Activity
317787 tn?1473362051
Blank
Dee1956 Meegy 180 days!! Coincidenc... Comment
4 hrs ago
Blank
jimgreg on now 400 mg of lamctal,,a... Comment