Liver Disorders Community
Explanation of Ultrasound results

This support community is for discussions and support relating to liver disorders.

Explanation of Ultrasound results

Hi Everyone,

I'm just kinda looking for a layman's explanation of the results of my Ultrasound. The only thing that came out of it that seemed unusual was "Mildly heterogeneous liver parenchyma". My gastro doctor and I were talking pretty intensely about what my options for further tests were just to make sure I was ok, endoscopy vs. barium swallow. So we kind of blew through the explanation of what this was and he didn't seem to concerned. I believe he said it was just a sign of slightly fatty liver. Is this all it is and am I ok to not worry? Thanks for any help.

Chaw
It's good your doctor wasn't too concerned but still wanted the extra tests. I would imagine they are trying to determine the extent of any damage that may have been done to your liver. A fatty liver causes it to become fibrous which in turn causes scar tissue. That may be a very poor interpretation, but it seems to be the progression. I had a biopsy done via endoscopy and it seems that's the ultimate test of your liver's health. Good luck!

Nicole
I was also diagnosed with hepatic echotexture is mildly heterogeneous possibly representing mild patchy fatty infiltration. Did you ever get to the bottom of yours?
" My gastro doctor and I were talking pretty intensely about what my options for further tests were just to make sure I was ok, endoscopy vs. barium swallow."
Its probably not serious is my guess. And the barium and endoscopy has nothing t do with your liver. He is looking at something else there. But please update us
spider6, and Dee1956 commented on spider6's status
51 mins ago
Dee1956 commented on Dee1956's status
Dee1956 commented on Jade59's status
Track your weight over time